Saturday, July 25, 2015

Monster High Crafter: Lovely Woods (Etsy)

I first heard of lovely woods through one of my Monster High Facebook groups. Most of her designs are Victorian in nature, though she also makes snazzy sparkly leggings as seen here.

I ordered two bloomers and two leggings. She had a BOGO sale going on, so this order cost me just $10. I plan to go back and order each piece of a Victorian-style dress for Twyla.

My order arrived quickly and was packaged well. She included a lovely thank-you card. 

 
Ok, let's get to the fitting, shall we?

Please pardon the lack of coordinates. I wish I owned fashions to match these bloomers.

I promptly wrecked the elastic on the left leg of the black pair. That's on me, not on the crafter. I struggled to get them on my witch OC, Myrtle Heffernan, and they didn't survive too well.


The purple pair fared much better. I apologize for Catty's terrible hair and clashing outfit.

The black pair fit snug around the waist, while the purple pair were a bit loose to allow room for the seam. Neither pair sagged or added too much bulk beneath other layers. 

 
Now, the leggings. I wasn't sure about buying them, because I'm not big on sparkles in general, but I decided Cleo would definitely love them and I needed more Cleo pieces.

The leggings fit wonderfully. They are very tight but the fabric is strong and stretchy. At first I was worried I'd tear it trying to pull it over Cleo's calves, but it's a thick fabric and can be inched up slowly without stretching too much.

 
Now that I see them in action, I LOVE them. I'm thinking of buying a pair in red or gold for Clawdia, and a white or black pair for Frankie.. or a white AND black pair? I want lots more. I seem to recall the crafter was trying to use up fabric remnants. I wonder if she has any left!

The waist is thick but not bulging. Stitching is a bit obvious but it's necessary for the scale and fabric strength, and the legs can be rotated so the stitches don't show as clearly from the front. 

 
I'm in love with them, despite my earlier misgivings. I'm picturing them on all my dolls. Send help.

You can check out lovely woods' Etsy shop (and get your own dolls some kick-ass leggings) here

Next up: Boo York Comet-Crossed Couple two-pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment